What is U-47700 or Pink?
Even small doses can be very toxic or even deadly. Over the past 5 years, reports have surface of multiple deaths due to street use of U-47700 or “Pink”. Importation into the U.S. is primarily from clandestine chemical labs in China.
How is “Pink” ? U-47700 Powder for Sale
- U-47700 has been seized by law officials on the street in powder form and as tablets. Typically it appears as a white or light pinkish, chalky powder. U-47700 Powder for Sale
- It may be sold in glassine bags stamped with logos imitating heroin, in envelopes and inside knotted corners of plastic bags. Therefore labels on the products may state “not for human consumption” or “for research purposes only”, probably in an effort to avoid legal detection.
Where does Pink (U-47700) come from?
Similarly these illicit substances appear to originate from overseas, mainly China, and the identity, purity, and quantity of substances in any one product purchased off the street may be unknown.
Above all the product contains one substance, while in reality it could contain any dangerous chemical.
Pink (U-47700) side effects and toxicity
U-47700 or “Pink” is abused for its opioid and also narcotic-like effects, and is swallow, snort or inject. So, it is one of many synthetic designer drugs.
However Pink effects as reported by users are similar to the effects of opioids, which might include:
- euphoria, feeling “high, and also other psychoactive effects
- sedation, relaxation, numbness
- potent analgesia
- severe, possibly fatal respiratory depression
- pinpoint pupils
- drug tolerance, dependence, addiction
Pharmacology of Pink (U-47700)
U-47700 (“Pink”) is a novel synthetic opioid agonist with selective action at the mu-opioid receptor.
- The chemical designation is 3,4-dichloro-N-[2-dimethylamino) cyclohenyl]-N-methylbenzamide.
- It was originally develop by chemists at Upjohn Pharmaceuticals in the 1970’s as a potent pain reliever for use in surgery, cancer, or painful injuries.
- Although it was never commercially available, the patent and also chemical details remained available.